Sandford-on-Thames, Oxford OX4 4YN
Talking Shop’s Market & Cafe
We sell delicious local produce and run a great cafe every Saturday morning from 9am to midday in the Village Hall, Sandford-on-Thames.
The Saturday Market & Cafe was started as a fundraiser and as an opportunity to investigate the market, to work with and to build up a team of volunteers and to learn about running a shop of sorts.
The Market is run completely by volunteers – we have a pool of about 60 people involved and about 15 work on any Saturday morning to run the market.
The Weekly Staples -produce that you can get every week
- Fantastic fruit & veg, grown without chemicals, from Ashtrees Farm in Benson
- Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
- Fresh bread and pastries from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley
- Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
- Great English cheeses
- Yoghurt from Woodlands Dairy in the Cotswolds
- Butter from Netherend Farm
We have space for several additional guest pitches. We charge a £10 pitch fee, you keep your takings. We’re always excited to invite new people to join us. If you are an independent local producer, professional or not, and you are interested in selling through the market please do get in touch – email on email@example.com or call on 01865 774661.