We came up with this recipe by pairing our fresh asparagus with some of the leftover veg we had in the cupboard. It’s great as a side dish to complement a meaty main or try it as we did and add a poached egg for a great veggie meal all on its own
What you need:
- 500g asparagus – chopped in half
- 450g chestnut mushrooms
- 4-5 medium potatoes – diced
- 1 large red onion – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a baking tray and sit in oven to warm up.
- Add potatoes to a pan of water and bring to the boil for 6 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender then remove and drain.
- Add potatoes, onion, mushroom and garlic to the warm roasting pan and mix well to coat in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 20 minutes then add the asparagus and bake for a further 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Serve as a side dish or top with a poached egg for a main meal.