We are huge fans of Kohlrabi . It may look like it comes from space but it’s a super versatile, fresh and tasty vegetable. Although it’s really great raw this green pizza recipe is a super tasty way to try it cooked. Serve with a fresh salad and you’re on to a winner.
What you need:
- 1/2 a large kohlrabi
- 1-2 heads of pak choi
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g of hard goats cheese grated
- 30g walnuts chopped
- 1 ball of pizza dough (approx 220g)
- 1 medium ball of mozzarella
- 1/4 red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper (optional)
What to do:
- Start pre-heating the oven to 230°C
- Take the Kohlrabi, chop off the stems and leaves and put to one side. Peel off thick skin and thinly slice. Lay slices on a baking tray and coat with oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pop in the oven while it’s still warming for 10 minutes or until it start turning golden brown on the edges.
- Make the pesto by pureeing the pak choi (save some leaves to top the pizza with), olive oil, walnuts, goats cheese, lemon juice, garlic and a tsp of salt. If you have any leaves left from your kohlrabi add those too.
- Stretch out the pizza dough and spread the pesto over the dough. Top with slices of mozzarella, Kohlrabi, the extra pak choi leaves and some thin slices of red onion. If you fancy a bit of an extra punch add some crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven on baking sheet or baking stone for 10-15 mins