These roasted chickpeas are a crunchy sweet snack and are packed full of protein and fibre. So if you want a sweet treat that will give you a boost and is healthier than your chocolate digestive, this one’s for you.
Approx 4 servings
What you need:
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon honey
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet baking paper.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander and place them on a clean kitchen towel to dry out. Pat with a kitchen towel to ensure they are completely dry. You need the chickpeas to be as dry as possible to get a good crunch.
- In a separate bowl mix the honey, oil, cinnamon and sugar. Warm slightly in the microwave for 20 seconds, this will help it coat the chickpeas better.
- Add the chickpeas to the mixture and ensure they are coated evenly then spread them thinly over the baking sheet.
- Pop in the oven for 45 mins or until the chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Image source: POPSUGAR Photography / Jenny Sugar