Beetroot and goats cheese is a classic combo but we love the added twist of the balsamic vinegar which brings out the sweet earthiness of the beets. A nice little additional to your festive cheese offering. This recipe was created for us by local chef, Jack Greenall from Smoke and Thyme Find out more at www.smokeandthyme.com
What you need:
- 3 medium sized beetroot (any red variety works well)
- About 40ml balsamic vinegar (a moderately priced one)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Generous pinch of salt
- 150g goats cheese
- Crusty bread or oatcakes to serve
What to do:
- Preheat an oven to 150C
- Wash and peel the beetroot and grate them coarsely.
- Toss the grated beetroot with the balsamic, caraway and salt and arrange in an ovenproof dish. Roast for about 40 minutes, until the beetroot is just starting to dry out a little and its flavour has intensified.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with the goats cheese and bread/oatcakes.