BBQ season and strawberries go hand in hand and this is a great way to combine the two. The balsamic glaze is not only a great addition to fruit but can be added to meat, or veggies when grilling.
Enough for 5-6 skewers
What you need:
- One punnet of strawberries halved (approx 15-20 berries)
- 3-4 apricots halved or cut into slices
- 230ml balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs honey
- Metal / wooden skewers
What to do:
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 5-10 mins to ensure they don’t catch on the grill then slide on alternating pieces of strawberries and apricot.
- Add balsamic vinegar and honey to a pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally
- Bring back to the boil for a further 3-4 mins to thicken slightly, stirring/ whisking constantly to ensure it doesn’t burn, then set to one side.
- Heat skillet until smoking then place the fruit skewers on top, or alternatively pop on a hot BBQ.
- Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side until fruit is slightly charred, then place the skewers on a plate.
- While they’re still hot, use a pastry brush to add the glaze to the kebabs. Remove them from the skewers to serve.