Holy crikey this is tasty, and great most of the year round because you can use any green for the greens. It’s nicest with Spring Greens, but works with spinach, cabbage, even rocket and pak choi.
What you need
- Greens – spring, spinach, cabbage, etc.
- One egg per serving
- 1 Garlic clove per serving
- Butter or olive oil
- Cream or milk
- Sourdough bread, or your favourite bready vehicle
What to do
- Chop your garlic quite small, and cook on low heat until lightly browned. Add salt to taste. Chop your greens into strips, and pop them in with the garlic. Keep the heat low, cook the greens until softened.
- Add the egg(s) and a splash of milk or cream. Mix as though it were scrambled eggs.
- Serve on buttered toast.
Thanks to Ailsa at West Oxford Community Association Cafe for cooking this for us, and then telling us how to make it!