This is particularly nice as a breakfast spread, but can be a spread or dip pretty much any time.
What you need
- 500gms parsnips
- 75gms Almette soft cheese
- Zest of a whole lime (reserve a little for garnish)
- Juice of half a lime
- Half a small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- Coarse ground black pepper
What to do
- Boil the parsnips in salted water till quite soft; strain; cool and then whiz in a food processor.
- Add the cheese, lime zest & juice; whiz to a smooth consistency.
- Add the chilli and black pepper to taste and give the briefest whiz to mix in.
- Quantities can be varied according to taste and something ‘less naughty’ or ‘more naughty’ can be substituted for the soft cheese.
Thanks to Janet Warren for this recipe!