This is Mattia’s super versatile cake recipe, which uses up glut veg like courgettes or beetroot. You can choose your favourite veg, flour, add nuts and/or spices (or not).
What you need
- 200g gluten free or gluten flour (your choice)
- 200g raw cane sugar
- 100g grounded almonds (or hazelnuts, cashew, brazil nuts…)
- 100ml rapeseed oil (or olive oil, sesame oil)
- 3 eggs
- 300g grated/ground beetroot (or courgette, squash, potato, carrot…), do not drain liquid
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg (or vanilla, cinnamon, grated lemon skin)
What to do
- Mix your dry ingredients in a big bowl. Then add the grated veg, oil and eggs.
- Pour batter into an oiled or buttered baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.