Very popular in France, hardly used in the States, we love leeks. Melt-in-your-mouth delicious – winter’s asparagus! This recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for next day lunch boxes if for some amazing reason you have any left!
What you need
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g pack soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, snipped (optional)
- 100g grated emmental
What you do
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then gently fry the leeks until soft, about 5 mins. Cool.
- Unroll the pastry onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the soft cheese over the pastry to within 3cm of the edges.
- Scatter over the leeks, bacon and grated emmental.
- Flip the edges of the pastry over the filling. Bake for 20 mins until golden.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, October 2009