A really nice side dish made with everyone’s favourite alien-looking veg!
What you need:
- 2-3 medium sized kohlrabi
- Parsley, chopped
- Pinch of flour
- Single cream (optional)
What to do:
- Peel and cut into roughly finger sized pieces
- Simmer in a shallow pan in water until soft
- Once soft, drain most of the water, but keep a few teaspoons of the water in a mug.
- Remove the kohlrabi pieces (put into a bowl temporarily). In the same pan, melt a bit of butter, a spoon of flour to thicken, and a pinch of salt. Slowly add the kohlrabi water back in, and mix to a thin sauce. If you want to add cream, or any other spices, do this now. Add kohlrabi pieces in, then the chopped parsley, and mix gently.
Thanks to Gudrun for this recipe!